Community Calendar items are listed free to nonprofits, community organizations, and educational institutions. Private lessons or estate sales do not apply. Send calendar items to W. Curt Vincent at [email protected] For any questions, dial 910-506-3023.
– Richmond Community College will be hosting a financial aid day at its County of Scotland campus in Laurinburg from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– The Laurinburg Rotary Club will be hosting their monthly garbage cleanup starting at 9:00 a.m. Anyone wishing to help should meet at the corner of McIntosh and Airbase roads. There will be special Rotary bags, vests and T-shirts available. Anyone with their own tools is encouraged to bring them.
– The Arts Council of Scotland County will be holding a drama camp at 131 South Main Street. The camp will have Tyris Jones instructing the students for a drama production on the last day of the camp. The camp will last eight days for students aged 6 to 17. The camp will run from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and will include lunch for the students. The cost is $ 50, register online at https://www.storyartscenter.org/youth-summer-art-camp.
– The Hasty Realty / Laurinburg After 5 free summer concert series will host the Tim Clark Band in downtown Laurinburg from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
– Scotland County Parks and Recreation will be hosting a Waterlogged event at the Splash Pad. The event will run from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. and feature slides, disco lights and music. The cost is $ 5 per swimmer. The playground is located at 1206 Turnpike Road in Laurinburg. For more information, contact Jeff Maley at 910-277-2588.
– In its finale, the Hasty Realty / Laurinburg After 5 free summer concert series will host The Tams in downtown Laurinburg at 5 pm as part of a day-long “back to school festival”.
– The whiskey tasting event to kick off the Scotland County Highland Games weekend will take place at Brick + Mortar in Laurinburg town center.
– The annual Scotland County Highland Games competitions and activities will take place at the Rural Heritage Center and John Blue House on X Way Road in Laurinburg.
– Old Laurel Hill Presbyterian Church will have a Sunday service to wrap up the Highland Games weekend events in the County of Scotland.
– The South East Regional Airport Authority holds a public meeting on the fourth Tuesday of each month at noon in the airport terminal.