Results of the investigation of the first demonstration of the TRIANGLE strategy
In February 2021, a first demo was released for the TRIANGLE STRATEGY game, giving a first look at this tactical strategy RPG. Demo players were also invited to share their feedback with the developers in a poll.
The demo was downloaded approximately 1 million times worldwide in September 2021. There were approximately 25,000 responses to the survey between February 22 and March 21, 2021. Thanks to everyone who participated.
The dev team took the time to go through the answers and made many adjustments for the final version of TRIANGLE STRATEGY.
A note from the developers
âWe are grateful to have received so many responses from people around the world and we are very happy as developers to have received positive feedback and suggestions from every region. We are working on various improvements for the final version of TRIANGLE STRATEGY, based on survey responses. Please take a look! “- Yasuaki Arai & Tomoya Asano (Producers)
1) Charging time
- Load times during events have been reduced and are now approximately 10 seconds shorter in the most notable scenes.
- We aim to further reduce load times per launch.
- In the first demo, it was necessary to come back to the world map after seeing an event. In the final version of the game, you will be able to successively view a series of scenario events, thus reducing the number of times the player is sent back to the world map.
- Autoplay and skip features have been added. Autoplay can be enabled during an event with the ZR button, and events can be skipped with the + button.
- Chat logs, event and information review features, and character profiles have been added.
- Cursor speed on the world map is now faster when selecting events. Additionally, the icons for character episodes and side stories have been made easier to distinguish.
3) Difficulty of the fight
- âHardâ and âeasyâ difficulty settings have been added.
4) Combat operation
- Camera controls have been adjusted:
- Degree of zoom in and zoom out can now be adjusted freely.
- The camera can now be rotated 90 degrees by quickly tilting the right joystick.
- The rotation sensitivity of the camera has been adjusted.
- By changing the controls while hovering the cursor over an enemy within attack range, you can compare and gauge estimated damage and accuracy rates.
- “Simulation mode” added, allowing you to check the estimated results of actions against enemies inside and outside your attack range.
- Weapon type icons are now displayed to easily distinguish an enemy’s type and weapons.
- Added focus on target lines extending from boss characters with particularly powerful attacks.
- Hovering the cursor over enemies displays their turn order.
- The turn order of units on the map is now also displayed on the AT bar.
- The location of the command window during battle has been changed to improve visibility.
- More options have been added for screen visibility, effects and controls.
Other changes and improvements
- Serenoa’s controls during the exploration phase have been improved.
- A button entry is now required to enter / exit houses (to avoid entering by mistake).
- Panel colors when selecting a destination have been adjusted.
- Added an icon indicating when a back attack is possible.
- Added a feature that automatically creates quick save data after a set number of turns during battle.
- Implementation of game tips during loading screens.
- Added a screen while preparing for battle to show which units are and are not deployed.
- Added a feature to display guides on terrain effects during battles.
- Added a feature to hide button guide information at the bottom of the screen.
- Added functionality to show a character’s final destination before using an ability that involves character movement.
- Improved the display of buffs, debuffs and the number of turns effects will last on items.
- Implemented a retry combat feature.
- Button assignments have been adjusted.
A note from the developers
âBased on these survey results, users have high expectations regarding the history of the game, the personalities of the characters, and the system for upgrading and improving the characters in tactical strategy games. These are things that you may not have been able to take full advantage of in the first demo.
However, in the final version of TRIANGLE STRATEGY, you will be able to learn about the events leading up to the invasion and what happens after making specific decisions. The story will diversify in different ways, and many unique characters will enter the story. We hope you are looking forward to it.
Finally, our development team was very happy to receive encouraging results on purchase intention from those who responded to the survey!
We will continue to develop the game to meet your expectations. We appreciate your continued support for TRIANGLE STRATEGY. “- Yasuaki Arai & Tomoya Asano (Producers)
TRIANGLE STRATEGY will be released for the Nintendo Switch â¢ console on March 4the 2022.