ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Rutgers Women’s Basketball (7-9, 0-4) takes on No.8/7 Michigan (12-2, 3-1) on the road at Crisler Center Sunday at 12 p.m. ET and live on Fox Sports 1. The game was originally scheduled for 2:00 p.m. ET on B1G + prior to the schedule change.
- Watch on B1G + (Dom Savino & Tim Catalfamo)
- Listen on WRSU 88.7 FM
The University of Michigan will institute proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative testing protocol for indoor sporting events. This is in response to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases across the region. Face masks remain mandatory and must be worn at all home indoor sporting events. All guests and working staff aged 12 and over will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid test performed within 72 hours of the event.
5 things to know
- Michigan is 7-0 at the Crisler Center this season, edging its opponents by 20.1 points per game en route to a nationwide top-10 ranking in the two main polls.
- Preseason and All-American All-Big Ten Player of the Year Naz Hillmon leads the Wolverines with 20.1 points and 9.0 rebounds per game. The scoring figure ranks 22nd in the nation and fourth in the Big Ten.
- Leigha Brown (15.0 points per game) and Emily Kiser (10.7 points per game) join Hillmon with double-digit scoring averages, while senior point guard Amy Dilk – a major starter last season, returns from an injury sustained during the 2021-22 opener season.
- Michigan is proficient on the free throw line, ranking 15th in the country with 203 made from the charity strip.
Rutgers has the best scoring defense in the Big Ten with 55.7 points against per game and is looking to finish the season at the top of this conference category for a third straight year. Pressure from the Scarlet Knights up front led to a No.2 conference standings with 9.8 steals per game and the declining presence has RU ranked No.3 in the B1G for shots blocked per game at 4.3 .
Rutgers have passed their opponents in 14 of 16 games this season by an average margin of +7.2, which ranks third in the Big Ten, behind Michigan, second. Osh Brown leads the effort with 9.0 per game, placing fourth individually in the conference.
Rutgers erased a 21-point deficit to tie the game at Purdue before a heart-wrenching buzzer beat from Boilermaker last time on Jan. 2. The Scarlet Knights came back by 18 points in a victory over Harvard on November 19, the second. biggest comeback for a victory in school history. Rutgers then reduced their 18-point deficit to two points in a narrow loss to DePaul in the Virgin Islands on Thanksgiving Day.
• Second year center Chyna cornwell scored a career-high nine points at Purdue, then grabbed a career-high nine rebounds against Minnesota. She’s averaging 8.5 points per game over the last two games averaging 16 minutes while shooting 7 of 10 from the field.
• Rutgers are ahead of their last five opponents in points in the paint by an average of 18.6 per game.
• Shug Dickson’s eight assists against Wagner tied her career high in March of last season when she played for Mizzou against Alabama.
• Sayawni Lassier set a new career high with seven assists in the CCSU victory, surpassing her previous record of six with Florida State against Wake Forest on February 3, 2019. She provided 16 assists in the last four games at the time. that it first line.
• RU have helped their opponents averaging 12.5 points below their season scoring averages over the past eight games.
• Rutgers’ defense has held their opponents below their average in 33 of their last 35 games, and 120 of their last 130 going back to 2017-18.
• Rutgers’ 24 assists against Delaware State were the most important in a 25 game against Hampton on December 18, 2020.
• Against n ° 8 from Maryland, Tyia singleton recorded the second double-double (10pts, 12reb) of his career and the first since the 2020-21 regular season final against Ohio State. It was his fifth career game with a double-digit score and a fifth with double-digit rebounds.
• Tyia singleton ranks third in the Big Ten with 18 blocks in total.
• Osh Brown The 20-point, 20-rebound double-double against DePaul was Rutgers’ first game since Betnijah Laney 24-24 against UNC on December 5, 2014 in a 2OT game (21-20 at the end of regular time). He’s fallen twice off Brown’s career high of 22 rebounds, set in the 2021 NCAA Tournament last season, a Ball State record.
• Rutgers ranks 12th nationally for total thefts (157) and 19th for total blocks (69).
• Rutgers delivered 21 assists out of his 22 baskets in St. Peter’s victory, setting a school’s modern-age record (since 2001-02) for highest percentage of assisted baskets (95% ).
• In St. Peter’s victory, Rutgers forced his most opponent turnovers (34) since 38 against Penn State in the 2014-15 season.
• The nation’s fourth best team flight last season, Rutgers recorded 21 steals in the 2021-22 season opener, the most since 22 in Wisconsin in last season Game 2 on December 11, 2020 .
Follow Rutgers Women’s Basketball on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
– RU –