Call of Duty: Vanguard will benefit from Warzone’s integration with the new Caldera map on December 8, but Raven Software is offering a few limited-time events to give players a chance to say goodbye to Verdansk. Following the ongoing Operation: Flashback event, Secrets of the Pacific is also live, bringing in-game challenges for Vanguard and Warzone. [Update: Due to widespread crashes, Secrets of the Pacific has been temporarily disabled. There’s no word on when it will return.]
While Operation: Flashback is a one-off, limited-time mode, Secrets of the Pacific is a challenge-based event that provides players with information about Caldera’s upcoming map and its various points of interest ahead of the December launch. Each game has its own set of tasks and rewards for completing them, which work the same as past Call of Duty events like the Haunting and Numbers event. Completing the full set of challenges for Warzone or Vanguard will unlock a weapon blueprint that will become available in Warzone and Vanguard with the start of Season 1. Some of the challenges will reward calling cards that appear to reveal points of interest for the Caldera card.
War zone challenges
There are six challenges specific to Warzone. These require you to look at a photo, go to the corresponding map location in Verdansk, and find an item from another era. Completing them will unlock a preview of the next Caldera map for Warzone Pacific.
- Jailbreak: Go to the location shown in the challenge photo and find the mysterious object. As the title of this challenge suggests, these are the Gulag showers in the prison. The reward is an epic rarity calling card.
- On air : Look for great deals on the latest electronics to unlock this reward. This would be in the electronics store located in the West Promenade section of Verdansk. This challenge rewards a rare emblem.
- Fast food: Enjoy a quick meal while you wait for your plane to unlock this reward. This is located in Burger Town from the airport. This rewards a Legendary Weapon Charm.
- On your feet: Go to a location where you can heal yourself after a firefight to unlock this reward. The most logical place for this challenge would be the Verdansk Hospital. This challenge rewards a rare sticker.
- Abandoned: Those who go underground to an unknown location can unlock this reward. This image refers to the mining site at the western edge of Verdansk. The mine shafts are now open here. This challenge rewards a rare spray.
- Secrets: Secrets from the past have been revealed recently. Go ahead to unlock this reward. This should be unlocked by visiting one of the WWII open bunkers in Verdansk. (These bunkers can be found in the following locations: one near Radar Array and Block 15, another north of the airport maintenance area, and a third just north of the Boneyard silos.) This will reward a card of legendary visit.
Vanguard has six multiplayer challenges to complete, and all of them are pretty straightforward and straightforward.
- Mission # 001: Get 25 kills for an Epic Rarity Business Card
- Mission # 002: Get 5 Multi Kills for an Emblem of Legendary Rarity
- Mission # 003: Perform 1 Finisher move for a Legendary Weapon Charm
- Mission # 004: Vote for Team MVP in 10 matches for a rare sticker
- Mission # 005: Play matches with another member of your clan 5 times for a rare spray
- Mission # 006: Get 3 wins for an epic business card
The Secrets of the Pacific event is available until December 7. Players can also enjoy Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass progression in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War for the Extended Holiday Weekend. Double XP event is not active in Vanguard.
A final event is planned for players to bid farewell to the original Warzone map. From November 30 through the end of the preseason, Warzone will feature the Final Hours of Verdansk, which is loosely described as letting you “see what happens in Verdansk before Warzone darkens to prepare for Caldera” . Activision also says to “expect a spectacular and proper end to your stay in Verdansk as we bid farewell to the town of Kastovian … forever?”
For more details on what to expect with the new Caldera map and Vanguard integration, here’s everything we know about Warzone Pacific and Vanguard’s Season 1 update on December 8. Leaks already reveal what could be promotional art for Season 1, including potential new Operators and weapons.
This Call of Duty content is expected to continue as Activision Blizzard faces lawsuits and other investigations related to allegations of sexual harassment and discrimination against women. A Wall Street Journal report claims Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick was aware of sexual misconduct at the company, including cases of sexual assault and rape. More recently, Kotick reportedly said he would consider pulling out of Activision Blizzard if the issues are not resolved quickly.
GameSpot may earn a commission on retail offers.