BAY VILLAGE, Ohio – BAYarts in Village is known for its abundant art, but there is also an abundance of entertainment for the public during the summer – concerts, dance theater, a double concert, even a performance by the Cleveland School of Rock. And how the events are even more enjoyable, as they take place on the beautiful BAYarts campus on Lake Road, across from the Huntington Preserve.
Here are the must-see events this summer taking place in August.
Traditional Irish music on July 11 by the Portersharks
· Groundworks Dance Theater July 15-16. GroundWorks DanceTheater returns to a live dance experience as the company performs new works from a diverse group of choreographers. The summer series will feature “Axis,” a new work by Adam Barruch, originally created for film and redesigned for the stage. Also the newly staged version of “Inside”, by Antonio Brown, from Cleveland, which was featured in the BAYarts drive-thru movie screenings last fall. And “Sud Buster’s Dream” from GroundWorks founding Executive Art Director David Shimotakahara, which premiered in 2019.
Silver June Indie rock with Grace Sullivan on vocals July 18th
· The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival’s “Romeo & Juliet” was performed outdoors on July 25.
· Chris Allen Band, a Cleveland favorite, playing rock and originals on August 1st.
The Cleveland School of Rock School of Rock tour band performing their versions of great songs from the 50s to the New 20s on August 5th.
· A Double Header on August 8: Moko Bovo at 5 pm with vocals, blues and originals by Dan Bod followed by Maura Rogers and The Bellows – back by popular demand with favorite rock and originals.
· Kingfish on August 15th with their “rock and rhythm”.
All concerts take place on the lawn of the Fuller House on Sunday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. Bring your own chair or blanket, but note that although the BAYarts campus is “child and dog friendly”, dogs must be kept on a leash.
Concessions will be open for the purchase of snacks, beer, wine and beverages. Note that there are no rain dates.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit https://bayarts.net/events/concerts.html but all events are free unless stated otherwise.