1. Return of the Sesame Street show: SeaWorld Orlando brings back its parade from Sesame Street characters on weekends starting this Saturday. Bert and Ernie command a parade float and there are dancers interacting with children in the crowd as he walks past Mr. Hooper’s store on Sesame Street grounds, which opened in March 2019. The parade will take place at certain times of the day from Friday to Sunday. Included with the entrance. seaworld.com.
2. Midnight madness: Children in Kindergarten to Grade 5 will be locked up and supervised for 12 hours of sports, crafts, games, and time with friends overnight. Bring socks, swimsuit, pillow and blanket. It starts at 8 p.m. on Friday and ends at 8 a.m. on Saturday. $ 50, $ 40 each additional sibling. Buy your tickets on playlargo.com. Highland Recreation Complex, 400 Highland Ave. NE, Largo. 727-518-3016.
3. Featured home theater: The St. Petersburg College Planetarium is hosting a summer series on âStar Livesâ that you can watch from home via Zoom. On Friday at 7 p.m., SPC Resident Astronomer Craig Joseph will host the Summer Sky Series with a focus on stellar birth and death. There are examples of both which can be seen through amateur telescopes. See the stars and constellations that dominate summer evenings this Friday, as well as July 16 and 23. Register on the planetarium page at spcollege.edu and you will receive Zoom information.
4. Dollar Day at the Pool: Prepare to dive in and cool off. Anyone can swim at the Southwest Largo Pool for $ 1 on Saturdays for a block party. 11 am-3pm Saturday. 13120 Vonn road, Largo. 727-518-3126. playlargo.com.
5. Put down your drawers: For the months of July and August, Clothes to Kids will collect new packages of unopened underwear for its âDrop Off Your Drawersâ ââpush. Sadly, many children go to school without their underwear, said the charity which provides free clothing to children in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties. âUnderwear is expensive,â the organization said in a press release, adding that it normally supplies more than 65,000 new underwear to children each year. The most needed sizes for boys are 4-16 (boxer) and young men sizes 30 and up. For girls, bikini underwear sizes 6, 12, 14, and 16 are most needed, as are junior / women bikini sizes 5-10. There is an Amazon Wish List for Clothes to Kids Inc. that will send them donations, or you can drop off donations at stores in Clearwater, Tampa, and St. Petersburg. garmentstokids.org / dyd.