NORMAN — The University of Oklahoma Department of Athletics has announced game day procedures for the 2022 softball season, along with additional information regarding the fan experience at Marita Hynes Field.
Seats | Ticket office | Parking | Empty Bag Policy | Entrance | Sanitation | Toilets | First Aid | Cashless | Concessions | Retail trade | Lost & Found | Help | Ground rules
- With increased security and convenience in mind, the OU Athletic Department has fully transitioned to digital ticketing at all of its venues. Your tickets are accessible through the Oklahoma Sooners app. For more information on digital ticketing or to download the Oklahoma Sooners app, click here: SoonerSports.com/digitaltickets
- Digital ticketing will continue to be implemented in 2022 to allow fans to easily access or transfer tickets to others through the SoonerSports2Go app. Step-by-step instructions and additional information on how to access and transfer tickets are available at SoonerSports.com/digitaltickets.
- NEW FOR 2022: All chair seats, including those in sections 101 and 104 will be reserved seats this season. General admission seating will be located in the first and third baseline tiers, as well as all outside tiers.
- The Marita Hynes Field box office will open 90 minutes before the scheduled game time. The box office and call-in counters are located behind home plate along W. Imhoff Rd.
- In the event of rain or a canceled game, fans who have purchased a ticket for this contest can redeem it for any home game remaining on the schedule. A reserved ticket can be exchanged for a reserved seat at a future match, although the same seat cannot be guaranteed. Fans will need to contact the OU box office to exchange tickets for a future game to ensure seat availability.
- All softball game parking is located in the parking lot directly south of the resort on Jenkins Ave.
- NEW FOR 2022: Due to ongoing construction at Reeves Park, directly east of MHF, limited or no parking will be available at Reeves Park.
- The gates to Marita Hynes Field open 90 minutes before the scheduled game time. The front doors are located behind home plate, off Jenkins Ave. and Wadsack Dr.
Clear bag policy
- OU will continue its empty bag policy this season. The approved size of the clear plastic bin is a maximum of 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches or a gallon clear plastic freezer bag. Even these bags are subject to searches. In addition, metal detectors will be placed at each entrance gate to the stadium.
- Non-transparent sleeves no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches are permitted.
- Extra masks, hand sanitizer under 3 oz, wipes or any other sanitizing equipment are allowed.
- Bags needed for medical equipment will be searched in the medical corridors marked at each door.
- No other bags or purses, including diaper bags, are permitted and the bag limit is one per person.
- Fans will not be allowed to exit and re-enter the stadium. This is consistent across all OU athletics venues.
- Metal frame stadium seats with backs are permitted in the OU softball complex and must pass the appropriate security checks at the main west entrance.
- Per Big 12 conference policy, umbrellas are not permitted in the stadium, but ponchos and other rain gear are permitted.
Empty Bag Policy | Prohibited objects
- All high touch areas and seating sections will be sanitized before fans arrive.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the stadium.
- A 100% cashless experience will be implemented for food, beverage and retail (Apple Pay will be available in all stores).
- Cash to Card kiosks will not be available at Marita Hynes Field.
General concessions and restrooms
- Concession stands and restrooms are located behind home plate and down from the stadium’s third base line.
- The concession stands will be 100% cashless.
- Packaged condiments will be used in place of condiment stations.
- The Sooner Shop mobile store will be on site at all home games and located behind the home plate seats on the first base side lawn.
- Ballpark outlets will be 100% cashless.
- Guests in need of first aid or medical attention should contact event staff located throughout the stadium. Paramedics will be on site for each game.
- Guests requiring assistance while in the stadium should contact event staff located throughout the venue.
Lost and found
- Lost and found items can be returned or picked up at the Marita Hynes Field box office.
- Customers may claim lost and found items up to one hour after the end of the game or with OU’s facilities management office during normal business hours. Please call 405-325-3060 to retrieve lost items.
Ground Rules/Press Box
- No one is allowed on the field of play before, during or after the game. Access to the press gallery is strictly prohibited without proper authorization from the passage list.